Feelings make me nauseous

Mils

Question

Hello, I am wondering if I’m Aro partly because genuine emotions make me want to throw up or feel sick. Let me explain, my boyfriend told me he can’t imagine his life without me and doesn’t know what he would do without me. I feel like most people would think this is cute, it made me anxious and feel ill. I was talking to this dude last year who was like “you Can tell me anything I’m here for you” and I stop having any possible feelings for him because I felt what I Can only explain as cringe go through me and make me want to vomit. I don’t want to hurt my boyfriends feelings but saying things like that back make me feel ill. Am I aro? Is this a thing anyone feels? Or is it just like trama? 

2 answers to this question

I haven't ever been in a romantic relationship, so I may not be the best source, but I can relate to being super uncomfortable with people expressing those feelings towards me, though not to that extent.

It could just be romance repulsion, which is not an indicator of aromanticism on its own. Regardless of the extreme disgust, it seems a bit like [edit: I messed up on terms, it is correct now I believe] lithromantic, where romantic feelings fade upon reciprocation. 

Of course, no one but you can say for sure, and I encourage you to continue to look into it.

I hope this helps.

Note: I previously said frayromantic; that is actually where romantic feelings fade upon meeting someone.

Edited by Neon Green Packing Peanut
Correcting terms

1 hour ago, Mils said:

Let me explain, my boyfriend told me he can’t imagine his life without me and doesn’t know what he would do without me.

So what did he do before he met you?
A related question being how do needs in terms of companionship and life direction wind up so highly romantic coded and centred on a single individual.

1 hour ago, Mils said:

I feel like most people would think this is cute,

How come this is considered "cute" rather than "weird", "controlling" or, even "tragic".