I have some aromantic questions

aroscorpio

Okay, so, I’ve been thinking a lot, and I don’t know what to make of this. I’ve started identifying as aromantic, but I’ve also come to the conclusion that I think I would like the companionship of someone who shares the same interests as me, and enjoys the same things as me, and that I could spend some one-on-one time playing video games that we both love, discussing geography (my favorite topic), etc.. But when I think about the “affectionate, romantic” things like kissing and snuggling, and even... well... sex, I don’t entertain those thoughts at all, and they don’t sound in any way appealing to me. Maybe cuddling a little, but, like, in a platonic way. Anyways, if anyone’s had similar thoughts or experiences, and could help me figure all of this out, that would be greatly appreciated! As always, thanks!

• Like 1

I would encourage you to look up QPR/QPP! Queer-Platonic Relationship/Partner. Sounds very close to what you want :) I'm sure loads of folks on here has good insight into that!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nisse said:

I would encourage you to look up QPR/QPP! Queer-Platonic Relationship/Partner. Sounds very close to what you want :) I'm sure loads of folks on here has good insight into that!

I’ve heard of that! Although I don’t know a whole lot about it.

I don't know much about QPRs either, but from what I've heard, it usually contains the same elements of a typical "romantic" relationship (living together, spending time, strong emotional connection, etc) without anything you may consider romantic (kissing, cuddling, s*x in some cases).

I think it really depends on what kind of boundaries the two (or more) members of a QPR decide on.

As for me, I wouldn't mind some casual affection in an otherwise non-romantic QPR, but someone else in that QPR might not want to engage in that activity at all. It's best to find someone you like being in the company of and figuring out what ground rules to set down.

But like I said, this is just information I've absorbed over the last few months. I haven't had any actual experience myself, but I encourage you to look into it because it sounds like your cup of tea.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GhostyPeppers said:

I don't know much about QPRs either, but from what I've heard, it usually contains the same elements of a typical "romantic" relationship (living together, spending time, strong emotional connection, etc) without anything you may consider romantic (kissing, cuddling, s*x in some cases).

I think it really depends on what kind of boundaries the two (or more) members of a QPR decide on.

As for me, I wouldn't mind some casual affection in an otherwise non-romantic QPR, but someone else in that QPR might not want to engage in that activity at all. It's best to find someone you like being in the company of and figuring out what ground rules to set down.

But like I said, this is just information I've absorbed over the last few months. I haven't had any actual experience myself, but I encourage you to look into it because it sounds like your cup of tea.

Yeah, I’ll definitely look into it more! Thank you!

• Like 1