Aromantic or too picky

Guest Elle

Question

Guest Elle

So I've done a lot of reading recently and toyed with the idea before but I think I may be aromantic. I'm not one for relationships and I'm not sure I've even had a crush before. I like sexual relationships but I could never bring myself to get past friends with benefits. I'd make excuses like "it's not the right time" or "I like you but I can't see myself dating you." Problem is that saying "I'm aromantic" doesn't fully feel right. I think this has to do with the fact that I really like the idea of meeting someone, falling in love, and growing old together. i guess I'm trying to figure out, am I aromantic or am I so picky that I've never really felt that connection?

Edited by Momo
Fixed typo in the title

3 answers to this question

Guest Elle
12 hours ago, Guest Elle said:

So I've done a lot of reading recently and toyed with the idea before but I think I may be aromantic. I'm not one for relationships and I'm not sure I've even had a crush before. I like sexual relationships but I could never bring myself to get past friends with benefits. I'd make excuses like "it's not the right time" or "I like you but I can't see myself dating you." Problem is that saying "I'm aromantic" doesn't fully feel right. I think this has to do with the fact that I really like the idea of meeting someone, falling in love, and growing old together. i guess I'm trying to figure out, am I aromantic or am I so picky that I've never really felt that connection?

I wrote this and accidentally said Asexual in the subject. I meant aromantic but I can't figure out how to change it. Sorry.

One question you might ask yourself would be:

Would you mind never being in a long term relationship with anyone for the rest of your life?

If not, you might be aro. But if you don't think the label fits, then don't label yourself. Just pay attention to what makes you feel good and what doesn't and hopefully you'll find something that fits.