Aromantic? More like AAAAAAAA

Hello everyone, hope you are all having a nice day and are staying at home.

I come from england and i'm 17 years old. At the moment i identify as gay + aromantic and use he/him they/them pronouns. Im still trying to figure myself out as i only figured out i was gay less than a year ago and aromantic a couple months ago. I think labels are confusing and despite being 17 i havent fully matured yet. I understand that i just have to be patient and only time will reveal my true labels.

I came out to my mum and told her i was aromantic at the same time. I had to explain to her what it was. She accepted me as gay but dismissed the aromantic part of me as a phase, but i dont blame her. .

I have 2 dogs and a cat (they are all very cute), i love nintendo and i love everyone in the lgbt+ community. You are valid, i love you and stay safe! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 3:35 AM, GreenPhoenix said:

I understand that i just have to be patient and only time will reveal my true labels.

This is a really great way of going about things - very kind to yourself and allowing of fluidity and complexity. :) 

I'm sorry to hear about your mum but do know you are welcome here. Thank you for the love! Have some aro ice cream and share in our collective nerddom and animal appreciation. :aroicecream: