London brunch meets

We meet (almost) every Sunday from 11.30 onwards for brunch at Café Rouge, 2 St Paul's Churchyard, London EC4M 8AP. We announce on our group on meetup.com but I'll try and update here as well!

The next brunch is tomorrow, so likely short notice, but I'll post upcoming dates in this thread.

More info on tomorrow's brunch: 

On 4/20/2019 at 9:56 AM, cluebat said:

We meet (almost) every Sunday from 11.30 onwards for brunch at Café Rouge, 2 St Paul's Churchyard, London EC4M 8AP. We announce on our group on meetup.com but I'll try and update here as well!

I think it would be useful for you (and the other organisers) to read this thread.

A few things spring to mind about this.
If aro allos are welcome it's important to clearly state this. The & aros thread should provide some insight into why this matters.
The meetup site hides venues from non group members. This could be an issue for both disabled people and those who use public transport.

The "code of conduct" says nothing about how organisers should conduct themselves.(With "organisers" and "organiser" being used inconsistently.)
The 'code of conduct" should probably take as much from The Equality Act 2010 as Geek Feminism Conference anti-harassment policy.

There are many more accessibility issues than just stairs.

Thank you Mark. I've changed the language to make it clear that allo aros are welcome. Bcause they are!

We chose to make the group private to hide venues from non-members, so that those who have been banned in the past for harassment don't show up again. We took this action to keep our members safe. It costs nothing to become a meetup.com member/a member of the group.

The code of conduct is specifically about behaviour and safety and includes harassment on grounds of protected characteristics. However, we try very hard to have meetups that are free or lowcost and that are held in venues that are accessible for those with various disabilities.

I appreciate that there are many more accessibility issues than stairs, it was a bit awkwardly worded but has now also been changed.