Am I A Late Bloomer or Aromantic?

mullethao

So, I've never had a crush on anyone before. That is, anyone I have ever met in real life. I have definitely come across people that I have thought "they have something going for them like they're pretty cute", but legit experiencing a crush? Nah. The issue is I may have a celebrity crush(es)? Of sorts? Definitely whipped culture; seeing them doing dumb shit makes me laugh, them being cute makes my heart ache, and them receiving awards and acknowledgement for their hard work makes me so proud. And they're definitely really attractive. But is that a crush, or is it just infatuation. Although infatuation is defined as short-term, I've been hit with these feelings for awhile lol.

I'm only 17, yet the topic of crushes and boyfriends/girlfriends gets brought up frequently. And I'm always like,,, wow never really experienced that before. Most of my friends claim that when they're in university, they're getting a man. And it is weird because I am not particularly concerned about it. If it happens, then it happens. I like the idea of being in a relationship with someone. But what it comes down to is that I have never seen someone in real life, face to face, and developed a crush on them.

My question is then, am I a late bloomer? Have I just not found someone who clicks for me? Or would I fall under the aromantic category? Any and all responses are welcome, please help a confused girl out. 

Of course it's difficult to say who are a different person, but if you never had a crush for anyone, there is a possibility that you are somewhere on the aro spectrum.

Your celebrities "crushes" Don't really sound are crushes for me, except the par "them being cute makes my heart ache" that makes me doubt. Do you have any desire to date them? Or marry them?

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to ID as aro, go for it. If you don’t feel any romantic attraction at this point in time your identity is valid. Maybe later you do experience attraction and that’s okay, because we evolve and change but if being aro makes you comfortable now then go for it. 

Archived