Bojack Horseman (Spoiler alert !)

Silyun

Hey guys !

I put it in the title but I'm going to repeat it : There will be spoilers, especially for the season 4.

As you know if you watch the show, Todd came out as asexual (yay !) but he definitely has an aro vibe. He said things like "I think I'm not allowed to be in love" and that he never had crushes. However, at the end of the season, he agrees to go on a date with an asexual woman.

Do you think he'll come out as aromantic as well ? I would like that soooo much and what he said indicates that he could be on the aro spectrum. But at the same time, I think the showrunners will put him in a romantic relationship just to make it more "interesting" ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure he's aro. That one metaphor with the tootsie pop (a very sweet metaphor) solidified it for me. "Marriage is like a tootsie pop. The outside is a lie, but the inside is the truth, and that's why people get married. But if I marry Courtney, I'll be a tootsie pop without a tootsie." "So, a regular lollipop?" Maybe not, we'll see in season 5 probably. 

On 8/12/2018 at 8:42 AM, Cee Fox said:

That's definitely a possibility and I wouldn't put it past them but we can hope, right?

I think I'm hoping too much haha

23 hours ago, David Box said:

I'm pretty sure he's aro. That one metaphor with the tootsie pop (a very sweet metaphor) solidified it for me. "Marriage is like a tootsie pop. The outside is a lie, but the inside is the truth, and that's why people get married. But if I marry Courtney, I'll be a tootsie pop without a tootsie." "So, a regular lollipop?" Maybe not, we'll see in season 5 probably. 

Oh my gosh I can't believe I forgot this quote ! Everything he said sounds very aro to me so I'd be really disappointed if he has romantic feelings for someone all of a sudden.

9 minutes ago, Silyun said:

Oh my gosh I can't believe I forgot this quote ! Everything he said sounds very aro to me so I'd be really disappointed if he has romantic feelings for someone all of a sudden.

Same here. I'd like to see how they handle the Yolanda and Todd thing and hopefully Todd will still be aro. And to be fair, I only remembered after a tumblr I follow asked about that one scene in episode one with the gang leader person saying "Gabriella went back to Mexico, with her husband" and Todd shouting "noO!!!", and the blog was wondering if todd was just ace or also aro. 

TBH I always interpreted that scene as "Gabriella had an abusive husband and/or switched sides." I don't think I could have ever imagined Todd as anything but aroace before he came out lol

7 minutes ago, David Box said:

Same here. I'd like to see how they handle the Yolanda and Todd thing and hopefully Todd will still be aro.

Yeah, I probably ask too much but it'd be great if he came out as aro too and go on aro meetings this time haha but I think he'll have romantic feelings for her. When he heard the difference between aromantic and asexual he didn't recognize himself in the former (even if we all agree he has an aro vibe) so I think he's going to stick with the asexual label only.

3 minutes ago, Silyun said:

Yeah, I probably ask too much but it'd be great if he came out as aro too and go on aro meetings this time haha but I think he'll have romantic feelings for her. When he heard the difference between aromantic and asexual he didn't recognize himself in the former (even if we all agree he has an aro vibe) so I think he's going to stick with the asexual label only.

Why should we expect a character that radical? Seriously, that's too much to ask /s.

6 minutes ago, David Box said:

Why should we expect a character that radical? Seriously, that's too much to ask /s.

You're getting my hopes up haha well since I already asked too much, I can ask for Todd and Yolanda to be in a qpr ?

1 minute ago, Silyun said:

You're getting my hopes up haha well since I already asked too much, I can ask for Todd and Yolanda to be in a qpr ?

God I wish that could happen, popular show, popular character, tons of people excited for the new season, it'd be great

2 minutes ago, David Box said:

God I wish that could happen, popular show, popular character, tons of people excited for the new season, it'd be great

It could really help raise awareness :D Instead of explaining for hours what asexuality and aromanticism are we'd just have to take Todd for example x)

On 8/28/2018 at 6:26 PM, David Box said:

Exactly! We have Jughead already but not everyone even knows what Archie is. "I'm aromantic, like Todd or Jughead in the comics" is a wide base to cover in terms of who reads/watches what. 

I wanted to mention Jughead but as you said a lot of people don't know him and the show Riverdale doesn't help....

On 9/1/2018 at 1:20 PM, Silyun said:

I wanted to mention Jughead but as you said a lot of people don't know him and the show Riverdale doesn't help....

It would be nice if we could include Jughead in the equation, but Hollywood is Hollywood.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2018 at 2:39 PM, Cee Fox said:

It would be nice if we could include Jughead in the equation, but Hollywood is Hollywood.

Yeah :/ I saw an interview of the actor saying that it makes sense for Jughead to be straight with what he's going through in the show. So disappointing....

Archived