Hi!

Carly

Hi everyone! My name is Carly, I'm 19 and I live in Canada. I'm really new to all of this so I'm sorry if I don't know what I'm doing! All my life I've been confused about why I haven't been able to form a romantic connection with anyone, and I always thought that I just hadn't met the right person. Throughout this past year I've come to a lot of realizations about myself, and why I am probably aromantic. I don't see myself ever getting married or being in a serious relationship with anyone. I've forced myself into many relationships in hopes that I would develop romantic feelings for them, but the same thing happens every time. I always became uncomfortable when the person would want to do anything other than what normal friends would do. I would then start to avoid them until I eventually broke it off. 

This is the first time I'm joining a community like this, and I'm really excited to meet some new people! Thanks everyone :)

Welcome!:aroicecream:

I think this is a good place to be. There are many conversation topics around, some serious some fun. I hope you find some good things in the forums, and we always love someone that starts forum topics! There are a few of us chatterboxes around :)

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome @Carly!

On 11/2/2017 at 1:22 PM, Carly said:

I've forced myself into many relationships in hopes that I would develop romantic feelings for them, but the same thing happens every time. I always became uncomfortable when the person would want to do anything other than what normal friends would do. I would then start to avoid them until I eventually broke it off.

You'll find plenty of people with shared experiences around here. Yours in particular seems dreadfully familiar to me. *shudders, thinking about back in high school*

I've never actually dated anyone because that discomfort was too strong. 

Staying on that subject, have you heard of the term "romance-repulsed?" 

Archived