(I'm aroace, so the ace part might be linked in some of these)
1. When I was little, I talked with my mum about marriage. I remember asking, what if I'll never find anyone I'd like to marry. Guess I knew it all along heh😁.
2. I hated when a good friendship in a movie or series turned to a romantic one. I just couldn't understand why they didn't stay as friends. Still dislike romantic movies. One thing I hate is when a good action movie gets ruined by a romantic subplot. 😤
3. When we had health education in middle school and were talking about sex and romantic relationships, I first thought it was a joke. Like something that adults did and they believed we did too, but in reality we thought it's old fashioned and nobody does it. I was rather baffled when I realised people actually want those things in life.
4. At the end of middle school we had a school nurse's check-up. Dating was one topic of discussion there and I just felt so uncomfortable. I didn't want any of those type of relationships to have anything to do with me.
5. Also in middle school I thought that eventually everyone has to get into a relationship and get married and have children. It made me feel so anxious, cause I knew I wouldn't want that.
6. I have never had a crush (few squishes though) and I have never faked having one. I want people to know I'm not into relationships and all those things. If someone links me into that, I feel so weird and somehow wrong and a bit disgusted. When I tell people that I've never liked anyone, the responses have been: "Cool/interesting", "It must be so easy not liking anyone", and my favourite one: "Why don't you like anyone? But what if someone likes you?" Öööööh then nothing happens cause I don't like them back. Doesn't it go like that with everyone, or do some people just magically start liking someone when they like you?🤨
7. One more thing. I have never understood hand holding when walking around town. It's so impractical, like doesn't it slow down your walking pace?
Needlees to say, finding asexuality and aromanticism was such a big relief and made me soooo happy.🤗😎