Interesting post about the genom of an aro

Holmbo

That asocality is associated with aromanticism is pretty obvious. A strong reverse association OTOH would only exist if aromantic traits were as rare as asocial traits, which I doubt.

Asociality is also a trait that really sticks out, while aromanticism is subtle enough that if you fit into the norm otherwise (allosexual straight, cis, social, no mental health problems, etc.) you probably never come across the term and adopt this still obscure label. So online aro communities at this time don’t really reflect the general aromantic population.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DeltaV said:

Asociality is also a trait that really sticks out, while aromanticism is subtle enough that if you fit into the norm otherwise (allosexual straight, cis, social, no mental health problems, etc.) you probably never come across the term and adopt this still obscure label. So online aro communities at this time don’t really reflect the general aromantic population.

I agree. I shared the post mostly cause I find it interesting to speculate about what factors determines romantic orientation, and if genes could be any part of it.

• 3 months later...
On 5/26/2019 at 10:30 AM, Holmbo said:

I agree. I shared the post mostly cause I find it interesting to speculate about what factors determines romantic orientation, and if genes could be any part of it.

Me too. I really wonder what demographics say about the aromantic-identifying community.