Feisty Quoiro Here

Hi there! Y'all can call me Alice! Im 22, nonhuman/ nonbinary trans, quoiromantic + schromantic, and orbisian, objectum, and medusan.

The way i approach quoiromantic is the same as the way the coiner did, as a complete rejection of the romantic/aromantic binary (and for me, it applies across all attractions, maybe quoiattractional would be more accurate? romance is just most relevant) because the way things are split up and laid out into romantic/sexual/sensual/etc don't make sense or fit me and I don't want to be placed along all these axes anywhere. I also use schromantic because I relate to aromanticism as a concept and culture and my experiences overlap as quoi is part of the 'spectrum' there while also not relating in having experienced attraction I or society would define as romantic. 

I have a complicated history in toxic asexual communities that further make me want to refuse labeling myself along a non-ace/ace binary and just leave my place there as "It's Complicated." 

The orbisian, medusan, and objectum bits just mean I love women (not necessarily exclusively just definingly), intelligent nonhumans/alterhuman-IDing people, and "inanimate" objects (who are very much full of life to me).

Uhhh been looking for an aromantic space for a long time since AroPlane fell off my radar and hoping this will be a good fit because I've had a real bad run of luck with trying to find spaces and community, unfortunately. I hope this is a good one? Looks neat? :o 

5 minutes ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Nice to meet you! I honestly don't really get what most of the stuff you said means (eh, I'm a little dumb tbh), but as one of the founders of voidpunk I support you ?

It's alright, I also have a very odd way of speaking (its a schizo-spectrum thing) and use some niche labels so Im always open to clarifying if need be ^^; Glad to have the support though!

It's nice to meet you too! Im deeply curious of this voidpunk thing now, what's that? :o  

1 minute ago, arokaladin said:

Hi nice to meet you! I hadn’t heard schromantic before it sounds cool. Hope you have fun here.

Nice to meet you as well! (I actually saw it in this forum's glossary which was neat :D)

1 hour ago, DeltaV said:

Hi Alice, nice to meet you!  What does “Baph” stand for? Baphomet?

If you're nonhuman, what are you instead, if I may ask?

Baph is actually a gender term I coined here. It does come from Baphomet, as the gender feeling itself is very heavily connected to it. I used to call myself an androgyne but talking to other androgynes about what I felt, none of them ever understood or felt the same way? So I just made my own word. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Aha, a bit of a complicated question for me to answer ^^;. I'm a lot of different things, but changeling, drow elf, and wolf are probably the most prominent aspects of my nonhumanity. One *could* call me otherkin/therian/fictionkin, I've been round some of those communities for 10 years now, but I've kind of gravitated toward vaguer labels and alterhumanity (more about that) as a postmodernist look at "human" as a mutable species identity and social construct not limited to being homo sapiens.

5 hours ago, nixian_hound said:

It's nice to meet you too! Im deeply curious of this voidpunk thing now, what's that? :o  

It's... A little hard to explain, so I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense, but it's a sort of punk philosophy revolving around the concept of not being human. It's primarily for aspec, nb, and nd people, although it's not necessarily a closed thing, as long as you feel like it fits you. Basically, society really pushes this whole "____ is what it means to be human!!1!!" thing (including in the way robots/aliens/etc. are coded in fiction), and for a lot of people (especially aspecs and nd people) who don't necessarily fit social norms, it can result in feeling like you're inhuman, and a lot of struggling to perform to social standards and all that. So, voidpunk is about embracing those feelings, in a big "fuck you" to society. Ok, you say I'm not human, so... what? What's so great about being human, anyway?

It's not necessarily believing yourself to be literally not human, and there aren't really specific requirements in terms of how you dress or act, but it's something like a niche form of punk with a bit of a sci-fi/fantasy flair to it. It's all about refusing to bend to social expectations as to how a "person" should or shouldn't be.

2 hours ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

It's... A little hard to explain, so I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense, but it's a sort of punk philosophy revolving around the concept of not being human. It's primarily for aspec, nb, and nd people, although it's not necessarily a closed thing, as long as you feel like it fits you. Basically, society really pushes this whole "____ is what it means to be human!!1!!" thing (including in the way robots/aliens/etc. are coded in fiction), and for a lot of people (especially aspecs and nd people) who don't necessarily fit social norms, it can result in feeling like you're inhuman, and a lot of struggling to perform to social standards and all that. So, voidpunk is about embracing those feelings, in a big "fuck you" to society. Ok, you say I'm not human, so... what? What's so great about being human, anyway?

It's not necessarily believing yourself to be literally not human, and there aren't really specific requirements in terms of how you dress or act, but it's something like a niche form of punk with a bit of a sci-fi/fantasy flair to it. It's all about refusing to bend to social expectations as to how a "person" should or shouldn't be.

:o that makes perfect sense because that's one philosophy that alterhumanity approaches human identity with, questioning what it even means and how it applies as a social construct. It's interesting something specific to folks who feel nonhuman in a sense due specifically to neurodivergence and not fitting social standards has popped up on its own (as these things really always seem to!) without it crossing over yet. If there's like, websites, blogs, anything about it that would be neat, or is it just kind of a small shared philosophy that doesn't have much tangible presence to point others to? 

7 hours ago, nixian_hound said:

:o that makes perfect sense because that's one philosophy that alterhumanity approaches human identity with, questioning what it even means and how it applies as a social construct. It's interesting something specific to folks who feel nonhuman in a sense due specifically to neurodivergence and not fitting social standards has popped up on its own (as these things really always seem to!) without it crossing over yet. If there's like, websites, blogs, anything about it that would be neat, or is it just kind of a small shared philosophy that doesn't have much tangible presence to point others to? 

No, there's no website. I made it up on my blog like last month. A couple people made some moodboards and playlists and stuff, that's about it.

Archived