I wish things were better and I don’t know how to get out of the fog I’ve been societally melded into

Guest AshMaria

Question

Guest AshMaria

All I have is time to sit around and think about what I’ve done wrong; is it really living if I’m going crazy and feel lonely? Is there anything that could have saved me? What system are we working in where a person is never to be forgiven and permanently tortured by their past and the pasts of their oppressors? How do people change at that point? I hope anyone cares still; I hope there’s a hope for humanity

6 answers to this question

On 2/6/2024 at 3:38 AM, N1GHTM4R3 said:

1. Try to fill up that time* or try and think about other stuff.

* Go watch youtube, read a book, write a fanfic, climb a tree, whatever it is that you find interest in. Or you know, look for professional advice, not advice provided by a 12 year old that decided that she wanted to give advice.

2. Primates are social. Humans are social. Go socialize, if that makes you any less crazy and lonely. Or keep hanging out on Arocalypse, we can be a nice community when we need to.

3. That, dear human, is probably not my job to answer. But you probably could have been and still might be able to be saved by things like hobbies, friends, or therapy if that's what you need.

Adding my voice to this. 

On 1/23/2024 at 7:10 PM, Guest AshMaria said:

All I have is time to sit around and think about what I’ve done wrong

1. Try to fill up that time* or try and think about other stuff.

* Go watch youtube, read a book, write a fanfic, climb a tree, whatever it is that you find interest in. Or you know, look for professional advice, not advice provided by a 12 year old that decided that she wanted to give advice.

is it really living if I’m going crazy and feel lonely?

2. Primates are social. Humans are social. Go socialize, if that makes you any less crazy and lonely. Or keep hanging out on Arocalypse, we can be a nice community when we need to.

Is there anything that could have saved me?

3. That, dear human, is probably not my job to answer. But you probably could have been and still might be able to be saved by things like hobbies, friends, or therapy if that's what you need.

What system are we working in where a person is never to be forgiven and permanently tortured by their past and the pasts of their oppressors?

4. Welcome to Earth and the Unforgiving Human Society. Humans must always have their scapegoat to put the blame on. And about the past, humans also seem to have trouble letting go of it.

How do people change at that point?

Some think about it like this: You aren't changing just for yourself and/or a few others, but as if you could influence people around you to change as well. I have also seen acting as if every day is your last.

I hope anyone cares still; I hope there’s a hope for humanity

Humans are bad, Humans are mean, Humans destroy planets, but (most) Humans have a moral compass. People care a lot about a lot of things. Also, therapists are paid to care.

I know I have referred to the human race as if I was not human, but don't worry, I am undeniably human, that's just how I speak (and type).

Edited by N1GHTM4R3
  • Like 1

Man, I look at these responses I make and wonder why I can give such professional sounding* advice, but also be the person behind this:

I don't careeeeeeeee 

go recruit ur own chicken god

=P

*I am so not a professional. I give advice for fun, you guys are actually looking for advice, please use your own sense of judgement, not mine.

5 hours ago, Ekaterina said:

Adding my voice to this. 

Bro why is that the top voted comment 

no offense, offense belongs to the Why Does the Above Post Offend You thread

1 hour ago, N1GHTM4R3 said:

Bro why is that the top voted comment 

no offense, offense belongs to the Why Does the Above Post Offend You thread

Maybe that person who voted for my comment wanted to vote only for some parts of your comment, the ones I quoted, but not the others? That's the only reason I can think of. I'm surprised as well. 

If the voter is the original asker, maybe it's those points in particular they found helpful (like I did). 

Edited by Ekaterina

55 minutes ago, Ekaterina said:

Maybe that person who voted for my comment wanted to vote only for some parts of your comment, the ones I quoted, but not the others? That's the only reason I can think of. I'm surprised as well. 

If the voter is the original asker, maybe it's those points in particular they found helpful (like I did). 

*shrugs* Ok.