Persona 5 Sae aromantic headcanon

Helion

Some time ago I finally finished Persona 5, an absolutely amazing game. Romance kinda plays a big role in it, but you can literally skip all of it, which I did (I tend to joke about how I chose the "aromantic route" of the game).

Anyways, one of my favourite characters is Sae Nijima, a badass prosecutor, who I started headcanon-ing as aromantic. Originally it was more lighthearted because I simply noticed that she is the only female confident (Basically all of your close friends in-game) that you can't date, but eventually I started REALLY digging that aro vibe she has. 

Sooo I couldn't help but to draw her with the aro colors because yes. It's not a great piece imo, it was rather rushed, but I still wanna put it out there! ^^

Saero.jpg

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Helion said:

Some time ago I finally finished Persona 5, an absolutely amazing game. Romance kinda plays a big role in it, but you can literally skip all of it, which I did (I tend to joke about how I chose the "aromantic route" of the game).

This was very high on my gaming list, but I heard about the romance and so lost interest. But if an aro playthough is possible, I might try it. This is, Persona 5 Royal.

41 minutes ago, Helion said:

Sooo I couldn't help but to draw her with the aro colors because yes. It's not a great piece imo, it was rather rushed, but I still wanna put it out there! ^^

Looks beautiful!

3 minutes ago, DeltaAro said:

This was very high on my gaming list, but I heard about the romance and so lost interest. But if an aro playthough is possible, I might try it. This is, Persona 5 Royal.

Looks beautiful!

Thank you! Actually, as an aro who is annoyed by romance in media rather quickly Persona 5 Royal (Yeah, I played royal, I forgot to mention it heh) is pretty alright. You can date a majority of all female characters in the game, but you can literally just not do that. Romance appears as a topic occasionally in the "casual" parts of the game, but it's not a part of the message or a core part of the game at all. Hell, because it was often in a joking context I actually enjoyed the mention of it sometimes. It's not a romance-centric game even if it is a re-occuring topic, kinda.

I totally recommend it! ^^