I'm Going to Get My First Chest binder & Need Some Advice!

Heya! So, I've been wanting to get a binder for a while now, but wasn't able to get one because I had yet to be able to get a job. Now that I have one, with some steady income, I was wanting to try to buy a binder either tonight or tomorrow, or in general the next few days.

The advice I was seeking, since I know the mandatory ways and time to wear a binder and what not to do in them, was from what website/organization I should buy them from? I know there's gc2b, but some people have warned against buying from them (or at least last year I heard a lot of trans folk saying that), since their quality supposedly went down, and has been prone to hurt people's chest, even when the buyer had made sure to get the right size. And then there's Underworks, which isn't heavily focused on transgender needs like gc2b, but still has chest binders.

The reason why I'm torn is because I don't know if maybe gc2b has upped their quality again as of late, and if Underworks (despite not being trans orientated) has good binders. Any advice from trans and cis people who have bought binders from either or, would be appreciated!

• Like 1

Hi I'm a trans guy who's been binding for a while.

I would stay away from gc2b because the quality has become very hit or miss. I have several newer binders that have fallen apart easily, are uncomfortable, or don't fit right despite being the correct size.

I like Underworks a lot - I only have this binder but it's good quality and I haven't noticed wear and tear despite swimming in it a lot. For reference I am a large in their size so it's hard to find binders that work for me. I like it better than others because it fits quite well - I feel like it actually tries to shape my chest to look more masculine with less compression while others just compress too much. This particular one is also good for me because it's meant to be done with activity and the zipper is helpful to take off/put on easier as well as take quick breaks in the bathroom or something like that.

Some other brands I like if you can afford it are Spectrum and Shapeshifters. They're more on the expensive side but it can be worth the investment. Make sure with Shapeshifters to enter measurements and desired alterations correctly according to your needs as it is custom made so that's especially important.

If money is a problem then Underworks is still good while being affordable and you can always buy them second hand. That is how I got mine, just make sure you're getting it from somewhere trustworthy.

I hope this helps you, if you have any more questions about good binders or binding in general feel free to ask.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dewy said:

Hi I'm a trans guy who's been binding for a while.

I would stay away from gc2b because the quality has become very hit or miss. I have several newer binders that have fallen apart easily, are uncomfortable, or don't fit right despite being the correct size.

I like Underworks a lot - I only have this binder but it's good quality and I haven't noticed wear and tear despite swimming in it a lot. For reference I am a large in their size so it's hard to find binders that work for me. I like it better than others because it fits quite well - I feel like it actually tries to shape my chest to look more masculine with less compression while others just compress too much. This particular one is also good for me because it's meant to be done with activity and the zipper is helpful to take off/put on easier as well as take quick breaks in the bathroom or something like that.

Some other brands I like if you can afford it are Spectrum and Shapeshifters. They're more on the expensive side but it can be worth the investment. Make sure with Shapeshifters to enter measurements and desired alterations correctly according to your needs as it is custom made so that's especially important.

If money is a problem then Underworks is still good while being affordable and you can always buy them second hand. That is how I got mine, just make sure you're getting it from somewhere trustworthy.

I hope this helps you, if you have any more questions about good binders or binding in general feel free to ask.

Thank you lot's for your input! I'll check out Spectrum and Shapeshifters as well, and I may end up buying from Underworks since that seems more affordable for me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

Thank you lot's for your input! I'll check out Spectrum and Shapeshifters as well, and I may end up buying from Underworks since that seems more affordable for me.

Yeah for a first binder it's good to try an affordable one so you can get an idea of what kind of binder works best for you. I have a couple binders that turned out to be not a good fit but I've learned more about what's best for my body. For example my previous Shapeshifters binder is too tight so I just ordered another one with the relaxed fit option. Definitely good to have other options in mind for the future though.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dewy said:

Yeah for a first binder it's good to try an affordable one so you can get an idea of what kind of binder works best for you. I have a couple binders that turned out to be not a good fit but I've learned more about what's best for my body. For example my previous Shapeshifters binder is too tight so I just ordered another one with the relaxed fit option. Definitely good to have other options in mind for the future though.

Just ordered a binder, and actually decided to buy from Spectrum! I couldn't find the correct size for me when looking through Underworks, 'cause I think most of them were out, so I looked to Spectrum and it was still affordable and had my size 👍

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 5:28 PM, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

Just ordered a binder, and actually decided to buy from Spectrum! I couldn't find the correct size for me when looking through Underworks, 'cause I think most of them were out, so I looked to Spectrum and it was still affordable and had my size 👍

Awesome, I hope it works out well for you! I have a spectrum binder and I like it, it's high quality, and I know a lot of people like their binders from there as well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dewy said:

Awesome, I hope it works out well for you! I have a spectrum binder and I like it, it's high quality, and I know a lot of people like their binders from there as well.

I have to make a correction, I got my binder from an organization called WIVOV. I thought it was Spectrum, but I guess not lmao, but I intend to buy from Spectrum soon!

I've seen reviews from others that WIVOV has good binder, though.

• Like 1