How do I drop a friend group???

I'm having trouble dealing with my friend group. Whenever we hang out, I often find myself being punched or kicked "as a joke", insulted "as a joke", or in an argument. How can I drop these hoes??

Edited by Cal
Bad spelling grrr woof

10 hours ago, hemogoblin said:

What keeps you around them? What are the obstacles that stand in your way of avoiding them/not hanging out with them?

I find it difficult to let go of my only friends because I fear being alone. Whenever I try to end the friendship, I always end up going back to them.

16 minutes ago, Harvest said:

Have you made it clear to them you don't appreciate their 'jokes' and that they are in fact hurtful?

Yeah, but they don't take me seriously or keep doing it because they don't care about how I feel.

4 minutes ago, Cal said:

I find it difficult to let go of my only friends because I fear being alone. Whenever I try to end the friendship, I always end up going back to them.

If that's the case, I suggest you try to slowly transition into another friend group, it's what I've done in the past. When I wasn't getting along with a friend group, I experimented with others from time to time until I found one I could trust and then started to spend more time with them until the old friend group was completely out of the picture. That way, by the time I was no longer hanging out with them at all I wasn't lonely.

7 minutes ago, Cal said:

Yeah, but they don't take me seriously or keep doing it because they don't care about how I feel.

Alright yeah you should definitely leave those friends then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harvest said:

If that's the case, I suggest you try to slowly transition into another friend group, it's what I've done in the past. When I wasn't getting along with a friend group, I experimented with others from time to time until I found one I could trust and then started to spend more time with them until the old friend group was completely out of the picture. That way, by the time I was no longer hanging out with them at all I wasn't lonely.

I'll give it a shot :)