Ted Lasso season three

Holmbo

As I promised @Keithheres a Ted Lasso season three thread. I'm thinking we can post random aro reflections about the show here. Season three has premiere on Wednesday. I've not watched any of the trailers because I don't want to know anything beforehand.

I'm very excited but also nervous to be let down by too high expectations. The show has so many characters and now for season three they seem to be more spread out then before. Nate and Keeley are the two characters who I feel their story is most up in the air and they're both away somewhat from the main cast. I hope that they will still have some way for them to interact with the rest of the cast.

• Like 1

It seems like there's two episodes out already! At least that's how it looks on the website. I've not watched any yet but I suppose any episode released is fair game to post about in this thread so I'll stay away from it until tomorrow when I'll have had time to watch them.

• Like 1

After watching the first episode I realized that it's only one out.
I liked it! At first it felt slow but I enjoyed the conflict it had set up by the end of it. Keeley and Roy shippers wont be happy. I expect they will be back to it not before long though.

Edited by Holmbo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET!! After I finished watching season 2, I convinced my father to watch it too and he enjoyed it so much, that he asked me to watch the third season with him. So I'm not able to watch it until he comes back 💔 

But we have watched the first episode and we both really enjoyed it! I'm sad about Roy's and Keeley's break up though... I hope it'll only be a break, because I loved their interactions! ALSO TED'S AND HENRY'S RELATIONSHIP IS MAKING ME CRY!!! I LOVE THEM BOTH SO MUCH!!

Edited by Keith

On 3/24/2023 at 11:40 PM, Keith said:

OKAY, SO I'VE WATCHED THE SECOND EPISODE!!!

AGREED!! I laughed so hard!!!

I wonder if the writers broke Roy and Keeley up just so that they could have all those jokes about everyone being so shocked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holmbo said:

I wonder if the writers broke Roy and Keeley up just so that they could have all those jokes about everyone being so shocked.

I wouldn't be surprised tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to think if there's any aro mood things to mention:

- Sassy not wanting to date Ted but instead keep the sex friend going

Other than that I can't think of anything. Apart from anyone failing at romantic advances at the moment. That's kinda aro mood.

I liked it!! I enjoyed watching Roy's and Jamie's interactions!! They're a funny duo. Trent and Collin are cute as well (not in a romantic way! I just loved their interaction, and the way they treated eachother). I didn't really like the plot with Rebecca and that boat-guy, but not for any particular reason.

What about you??

I loved it! My favorite was the Jamie and Roy interactions but I also really liked Ted's story, it felt really important to the overall plot. I think overall the different storylines complimented each other nicely so I liked all of them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Keith said:

@Holmbo what are your thoughts on the newest episode??

Too much romance!

Just kidding. But Nate's storyline is not going at all as I expected. That was true in season two as well though so I'm willing to wait to see how it all comes together.

Overall I felt not a lot happened this episode which is concerning to me because there's only a third of the season left. What did you think?

I don't know if you've seen but many fans are very disappointed by the season. I've also been a bit disappointed by some of the episodes but I've decided not to put to much attention on that but rather focus on the stuff I do enjoy. Tv is meant for enjoyment after all.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Holmbo said:

Overall I felt not a lot happened this episode which is concerning to me because there's only a third of the season left.

Me too!! I mean we got the Keeley and her photos leaking plot line, but it just kinda was there?? I mean I obviously felt bad for her, and I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy, but the way they approached this topic left much to be desired. 

56 minutes ago, Holmbo said:

I don't know if you've seen but many fans are very disappointed by the season.

Yeah, I've seen that too, but I must admit it's understandable. As much as I love the show, I have to admit, that the third season is definitely not my favourite one. It's not bad. I enjoyed a lot of its scenes, such as Jamie's character development and his interactions with Roy, or the explorement of Ted's character and his mental health issues, however speaking overall, I feel that they tried to put so many different things in this season, that they kind of lost their way.

10 minutes ago, Keith said:

I feel that they tried to put so many different things in this season, that they kind of lost their way.

Yeah that's a good summation of it. There are just so many threads and characters.

• Like 1

I loved it!! But Isaac and Collin were stressing me out the entire episode. I'm really glad they were okay at the end though!! I love their friendship, and it would've been such a shame if it fell apart. I also enjoyed watching the team being so respectful of Collin's sexuality!! Yes, it is the bare minimum, but it's so rare at the same time, that seeing it becomes really comforting.

2 hours ago, Holmbo said:

I loved the hairy but speech

I loved it as well!! Roy was so real for that tbh.

Edited by Keith

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2023 at 9:40 AM, Keith said:

I didn't really like the plot with Rebecca and that boat-guy, but not for any particular reason.

Same! It felt so out-of-nowhere and random, like she just NEEDED a romantic partner so they went "uhhhh here fall in the water and get saved by Hot Guy. You have romance now"

What were people's thoughts about the last episode?

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 2:38 PM, AromanticAardvark said:

What were people's thoughts about the last episode?

I really enjoyed it!! Although I cried a lot 💔 Ted leaving was really in character for him, but it still made me literally bawl my eyes out!!! I'm devastated that we're (probably) not going to see them anytime soon 💔💔