about building community

Holmbo

On 1/6/2023 at 1:22 PM, Holmbo said:

I was listening to a podcast interview about this text and it made me think of this community. Some good metaphors for building a community

https://mixedmag.co/2022/11/30/the-freedom-in-community-choosing-the-forest-by-monique-murad/

Super interesting, thank you for sharing this! Do you have any thoughts on how we might ‘water with intention’ within this community? I’d love to understand the concept more, if so! There’s some lovely perspectives here too: “grief is not the opposite of a joyful life, but a product of one”. I didn’t know about the Solo project either, very cool!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the more the merrier said:

Do you have any thoughts on how we might ‘water with intention’ within this community?

As I understand from the interview with her she doesn't really factor in online communities. She didn't say so but all of her descriptions were about personal one on one relationships and her interaction with them.

But I think if we wanted to apply some of the messages would be for all of us to take initiative about writing and to share vulnerable things. 

Edited by Holmbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1