Toxic friendships suck

piroshki101

Saw some archived thing in aromantic relationships and it was about healthy friendships and how abusive one's are overlooked (on the 18th page and it's the topic at the very bottom if anyone wants to look at it). It made me realize that I got out of a toxic friendship with another aro-spec, as well physical boundaries weren't respected, they didn't listen when I set boundaries, they never really communicated anything, they tried to make decisions for me, they were definitely manipulative to a degree, they weren't non-judgemental from what I remember, and they didn't admit their mistakes. So that's most boundaries being failed which left me to not feel respected by said person. There was also another person who did very similar things, though a bit more convulted as they also didn't take accountability for their mistakes, I always felt scared around them, so I'd say intimidation was a lot (this person was also aro-spec). I began to realize that I deserved better. Once I realized they were toxic, though I'd known these people for 5 years and I decided to cut ties. 

• Like 2

fr fr. i was part of a drama over a whole ass year because of that one manipulative asshole wont give up and move on with their life. it really affected my mental health because im really stressed about them contacting my friends who are also involved because of their manipulative personality. glad they moved on and is probably happier just like the rest of us

• Like 2