calling all Estonians: (trigger warning: suicide)

alto

Hey.  I am not sure where to put this, so I put it here.  Hope you don't mind.

I have a good online friend in Estonia that I am concerned has either already killed himself or is planning on killing himself soon.  I have tried to call 911, but they can't handle international calls.  I have tried 211.  They told me to call 911.  I tried a suicide hotline too, but they told me they couldn't do anything either as they are not based in Europe.  911 told me to try and talk to Estonia's local government.  I have emailed the Tallinn police department.  However...email is email.  And I can't do international calling.

I don't know any of his friends or family so I can't warn them.  I don't even know his last name.  I only know his first name.  However, I do have his phone number.  Maybe they could trace him that way?  If you think you can help, PM me.

• Like 2

I emailed the Tallinn police, and they did a wellness check.  He is now furious at me and "hates me a lot for caring about him".  This boy is more fucked in the head than I know how to help with.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 9/29/2022 at 11:40 PM, alto said:

I emailed the Tallinn police, and they did a wellness check.  He is now furious at me and "hates me a lot for caring about him".  This boy is more fucked in the head than I know how to help with.

Don’t get why he said it. Glad the Tallinn police responded back. International stuff can be sent thru so many levels of bureaucracy it’s crazy (long story my AirTag was taken by the carabinari in Italy, and it was just now sent to my address in the states (4 months after I lost it.)

• Like 1