Hmm...no more crisis...only slight miniscule crisis

piroshki101

Well hello there, I think I might be polyamorous but you see I'm aroace. I dunno how it'd work, but I guess I realized I'm not as non-partnering as I thought. Like I don't particularly want to date people, but it'd be nice to be around be and sort of have a family? Am I making any sense? That's basically why polyamory doesn't seem too bad for me as I just want to be around people even if I can't give them you know the stuff they want.

2 hours ago, piroshki101 said:

Well hello there, I think I might be polyamorous but you see I'm aroace. I dunno how it'd work, but I guess I realized I'm not as non-partnering as I thought. Like I don't particularly want to date people, but it'd be nice to be around be and sort of have a family? Am I making any sense? That's basically why polyamory doesn't seem too bad for me as I just want to be around people even if I can't give them you know the stuff they want.

I'm sure some people would see that outside of the scope of polyamory, but there are enough people in aro discussions from what I've seen who are interested in deconstructing the idea that sexual and/or romantic relationships are the only ones that "count" as polyamory. As for the "can't give them the stuff they want", I don't think that has to be the case, as I know many aro or not people who are seeking these family/QP groups.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 2:04 AM, SilenceRadio said:

I'm sure some people would see that outside of the scope of polyamory, but there are enough people in aro discussions from what I've seen who are interested in deconstructing the idea that sexual and/or romantic relationships are the only ones that "count" as polyamory. As for the "can't give them the stuff they want", I don't think that has to be the case, as I know many aro or not people who are seeking these family/QP groups.

That is absolutely fabulous!! I sent a post on reddit, but they thought I was confused (to a degree) so, uh...I dunno, but I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. HURRAH!!!

• Like 1