Am I greyromantic?

Alex Raine

Question

So, I am 17, and I've only had two crushes that both lasted only a month and they weren't that big anyways. I've never dated anyone, and I do really want to be in a relationship and I want to have a girlfriend though, this is where I'm confused. I do want a relationship, and I see myself having a family in the (farther) future. But, other than fantasising about wanting a girlfriend, I'm not sure if i have romantic attraction, or if it's low. I do know I am romance favorable though. But, it does shift from favorable to indifferent. 

4 answers to this question

Greyromantic is an umbrella term that covers anyone on the aromantic-spectrum that isn't 100% aromantic. Sometimes the terms are used interchangeably. 

Another term you can look into is aegoromantic. The LGBTQIA wiki on Fandom says,

"Aegoromantic describes those who enjoy the concept of romance but do not have a desire to participate in romantic activities. Aegoromantic individuals may have romantic fantasies, enjoy romantic media, or engage in shipping in fandoms, but they tend to feel little to no romantic attraction in real life and typically do not desire a romantic relationship."

• Like 1

It's kind if where I am rn! I do want a relationship (well at least sometimes) but as soon as I imagine it with someone real it just doesn't feel right and it makes me uncomfortable... so probably/maybe cupioromantic? But also, there's no rush and figuring stuff like that out can sometimes take a while and that is okay:)