Is it my fault

MaxIsCosmic

Question

So I’m on another LGBTQ+ Forum (mainly focused On teens). There is a lot of topics like I need a bf fill out this form. And I’ve been afraid of being made fun of for not doing them ever. So I found one and did it cuz I was afraid of getting made fun of. As soon as I submitted it I went into a panic attack, I tried to calm myself down by saying ‘it’s ok your ugly they won’t pick you’- 5 mins later I got a pm. I felt like I couldn’t say no cuz I was the one who filled out the from. Now I have a lot of past relationship trauma, so when he asked to have internet sex even tho I said I was asexual I panicked and blocked him I’m still a bit panicked even the next day and I don’t know if I should blame myself or something else. 

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

You shouldn't blame yourself for that, but don't fill that kind of forms if you are not interested in accomplish what it is for. If someone ever made fun of you for not filling it (which I don't think is very probable) just say that you are aroace, and if they don't respect you and your boundaries just leave the forum. Everyone's identity should be respected. 

• Thanks 1

Ah, is it trevorspace? There’s wayy too much of that on there for my liking. I definitely don’t think you’re in the wrong, he didn’t respect your boundaries. I really don’t think anyone will make fun of you for not participating, and if they do you should ignore it and like block them because where’s the logic in that?? I know some forms have the option for saying you’re aroace or looking for a platonic relationship, I’ve even filled out some and said I was just doing it for fun (I like answering questions about myself-)

Stay safe, I 100% respect you for blocking him, I think that was a good choice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Gabriel14 said:

Ah, is it trevorspace? There’s wayy too much of that on there for my liking.

it is, I honestly just wanted to fit in. I've found it's easier that way.

• Like 1

I think you did the right thing by blocking him. You told him you were ace and he didn't respect that.

As for the rest, it sounds like you are feeling pressured to fit in, and that's not your fault either. Please remember you can always say no, even if you filled out a form like this, and you don't have to fill out these forms if it makes you uncomfortable. If anyone makes fun of you, they aren't worth your time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1