Young aromantic in need of assistance

I've recently discovered I relate to many of the aspects of an aromantic person but not all, and so I'm confused on which sub label suits me best. I've always disliked the idea of a romantic relationship for my whole life, and I've only ever had 3 crushes in the 14 years I've lived which were on guys I was very close with. One was very faint, the second one was more of an obsession, and the third one resulted in a romantic relationship with them, but I feel like over time it felt like I was in love with the idea of the person than the person themselves. Ever since that last one, I haven't had any of the "butterflies in stomach" feelings to anyone, including fictional characters which I would also have small crushes on. Currently I'm just going with the umbrella term Aromantic, but could someone help me pinpoint where exactly I fall? I would appreciate the help!

• Like 1

You could fall under grayromantic. You don't necessarily have to choose a sub label either if you don't want to. For example I identify with quoiromantic but for the most part I just call myself aro.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ImJustChillingHere said:

I've always disliked the idea of a romantic relationship for my whole life, and I've only ever had 3 crushes in the 14 years I've lived which were on guys I was very close with

Three crushes at 14 years old? Wow.  ? I had zero crushes in my life and I’m more than a decade older.

10 hours ago, ImJustChillingHere said:

Currently I'm just going with the umbrella term Aromantic, but could someone help me pinpoint where exactly I fall? I would appreciate the help!

I would guess grayromantic or demiromantic.

• Like 2

grey might fit you.

Remember though, you don't need to find a finer label if it doesn't help you. If nothing seems quite right just go on with life, try anything you want to try, avoid anything you don't and generally learn more about yourself. Maybe something will click with you later but you don't have to immediately go searching for the one label that suits you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roboticanary said:

grey might fit you.

Remember though, you don't need to find a finer label if it doesn't help you. If nothing seems quite right just go on with life, try anything you want to try, avoid anything you don't and generally learn more about yourself. Maybe something will click with you later but you don't have to immediately go searching for the one label that suits you.

Thank you for the advice, I'll definitely keep that in mind!

• Like 1