bisexual aromantic

Imgladwestopped

im thinking im aromantci because i do not want a romantic relationship/any sort of committment at all , i can't imagine myself being tied to another person like that. is this how this works? im a bit new to all of this...

i have had sex with ppl from same&opposite gender before, but its always like a one night stand, i don't want any sort of follow up. does this classify as aromantic or does it just mean i can't commit and am broken lmao help

You can absolutely be aro and still experience sexual attraction. From what you have said you certainly could be aro. 

This is not the only way to think about aromanticism, but the way that works for me is to think in terms of desire to do something. Say you have a one night stand with someone. If you are attracted to the idea of having a romantic relationship with that person, but cannot bring yourself to pursue that, that is very different from not wanting a romantic relationship in the first place.

If it is the latter then it is clear that you do not have a problem with commitment, you just don't want that sort of relationship.

From what you write it sounds like you just don't want that sort of relationship, which is not a commitment problem. But that is up to you to work out.

• Like 2

On 11/5/2021 at 6:13 PM, Imgladwestopped said:

i have had sex with ppl from same&opposite gender before, but its always like a one night stand, i don't want any sort of follow up. does this classify as aromantic or does it just mean i can't commit and am broken lmao help

While not being able to commit (romantically) is not identical with being aromantic, it’s closely related… both can be true. But no need to judge yourself so negatively / as “broken”.

I also do not really DESIRE a follow-up, it’s just very convenient because it would be a truly EXTREME hassle to find and adjust to a new partner EVERY time … I’d go crazy…