A Horseman of the Arocalypse Returns!

I'm glad to see that Arocalypse is risen again! I went by Musette and Minuet on different aro/ace spaces in the past, but I prefer Mezzo Forte now. I used to be a moderator on AroPlane to keep the spam in bay, and I was an admin of the first Arocalypse, even if I mainly just kept the spam in bay there too.

I'm a pretty boring aro ace who isn't really into QPRs. (Well, I'm also trans, but I doubt that would suddenly make my orientations any more interesting.) My friends and family mean the world to me, and I'm also a wee bit obsessed with music. I'm working on a Master of Music Performance right now and will hopefully start on my doctorate immediately afterwards.

I started identifying as aromantic about four years ago, not long after I discovered that asexuality was a thing. Asexuality clicked immediately, but I needed some time to ruminate on my romantic orientation. It turned out that aromanticism was the best fit for my experiences, and I've been confidently identifying as such ever since. My best friend wonders if HRT might affect my romantic/sexual orientation, and while I'm open to the possibility, I find it pretty unlikely. I suppose I'll know for sure soon enough :)

Stream of consciousness aside, I look forward to seeing this site pick up and get a community going!

It's good to see you here Mezzo Forte. I always loved your portait on AVEN. :)

I'm also a bit of a music lover, I produce my own electronic music. Sadly, I don't know how to play any instruments though. Hopefully things will pick up here.

Thanks Blue! Even as an acoustic musician, I can appreciate electronic music. There's a big electroacoustic scene at my university, and I've performed the occasional piece with digital playback accompaniment. The electronics really act like a unique kind of duet partner in those pieces. 

Also, nice job on the site! The interface feels great!

Yup, it was about 200 bucks but I think it was worth it. There's a lot of options in the admin panel and then changing the theme was super simple. Stuff like a banner image would be nice, but I think this will do for now.

Previously, was there a web page associated with Arocalypse, or was it just the forums? I'm not sure I want to put a whole lot of information on the front page just yet. Maybe a brief explanation of aro/greyromanticism?

I suppose that you get what you pay for when it comes to site design. :) I appreciate that you felt passionate enough about this to invest that much into an aro forum!

There was technically a home page on the original site with some minimal definitions and whatnot, but not much beyond that. I wonder if Ciri has any of the original information sitting around somewhere. I can't say that I handled much of the site construction at all in my time there, so I only have my memory to go on.

Archived