Squishes

GaiGantic

How do you guys deal with having a squish on someone who doesn’t care about you in the same you do about them

usually squishes don’t work out for me because the person I’m squishing on doesn’t take my platonic interest in them seriously or they have a romantic interest in me and it all has led to a failing relationship or one that just dies out 

After a long while I kind of developed a squish on a friend of mine and I keep worrying that I’m coming on to strong or that I could potentially ruin their relationship with their boyfriend (especially since I’m sexually attracted to them as well)

The best way to describe how I feel is that I feel like I’m intruding on their lives do you guys have any advice to better help me deal with my feelings 

Edited by GaiGantic
  • Like 1

• GaiGantic changed the title to Squishes
On 6/22/2021 at 8:20 PM, GaiGantic said:

How do you guys deal with having a squish on someone who doesn’t care about you in the same you do about them

usually squishes don’t work out for me because the person I’m squishing on doesn’t take my platonic interest in them seriously or they have a romantic interest in me and it all has led to a failing relationship or one that just dies out 

After a long while I kind of developed a squish on a friend of mine and I keep worrying that I’m coming on to strong or that I could potentially ruin their relationship with their boyfriend (especially since I’m sexually attracted to them as well)

The best way to describe how I feel is that I feel like I’m intruding on their lives do you guys have any advice to better help me deal with my feelings 

I understand this, I'm in the same position as you. Typically what I do is just not express that I have a squish on them,, and just make an effort to spend more time with them. Unfortunately it doesn't sound like that would really help in your situation, so I think the best course of action for you would be to tell them you're squishing on them so they don't misinterpret the situation. (You could also tell them about the sexual attraction but that also might not be the best course of action for your friendship, so that's completely up to you.) 

Best of luck !!!