Hello!

Vivid

Hello homo-sapiens! I just recently found aromantism and asexuality, and soon after that I found this site. My name (Not my real one but a nickname I use) is Riku, and I live in the U.S. I've never met anyone aromantic in real life, so this entire community is amazing and I can't wait to get more involved (somehow). The entire time I've been writing this post I've had the jitters. I'm an introvert, and I haven't come out to very many people, so this is kind of a big thing for me. I don't really know what to say... But I'm happy to meet all of you. I cant wait to see what happens. That's what I'd like to say, but really I'm terrified of this for some odd unknown reason. Any ideas? 

Vivid  

• Like 1

Hi Riku

Revealing something important about yourself, especially as an introvert, is always likely to be scary. Revealing that to strangers even more so. Putting it on the internet where it will be open to see rather than just telling a particular person is a decision it is rational to be nervous about.

For all the time I have been here the community has been polite and kind though, so hopefully time will calm you down. Enjoy your time here.

Thank you for the confirmation! I'm glad that everyone is really supportive here, and I'm sure that over time It will become more and more comfortable. 

On 2/24/2021 at 4:45 PM, DivineCyst said:

Yea I am newer here too and they have been really welcoming but part of that fact was that I had a friend who introduced me to this website and was just really there for me.

I'm really glad that you're friend introduced you to this cite, and that they're really there for you. They sound amazing, and it must be really nice to have someone like that in your life. I don't really know what to say from here, but thank you again and I hope all of you have a great day!

• Like 1