Hey!

Bas

Hihi! My name is Bas, I'm 22 (go by she/they), autistic & dyspraxic af, and I am an Aromantic Bisexual, or AlloAro for short. Also ID as nebularomantic as my neurodivergency influences a lot of my aromanticism. I've only recently come to the realization of my aromanticism in the past few months. I've always been very romance repulsed, and was never particularly comfortable with romo things, but I never considered being aro as a thing for me personally, and mostly cycled between various labels. I even thought I was ace for a while, as I'm pretty sex indifferent as well, but I've since become very centered in my bisexuality (which was also a pain to figure out). It's just that the way I experience allosexuality is majorly influenced by my aromanticism, and I didn't realize it until I read up on a post describing it, and 100% related. From there I've slowly become more involved in aro servers on discord (I'm even in the Arocalypse server), but I wanted to check this place out too now that it's open.

So... hi, I guess. Glad to be here ???

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 6:04 AM, roboticanary said:

hi, welcome

good to hear someone else working through that difficulty from your allosexuality being influenced by aromanticism, that took me a while too. any chance you could give a link to that post, it sounds really interesting.

oh! sorry for the long wait on this lol-- thank you so much for the welcome!
here's the post btw-- dk whether or not you might've seen it yourself as it's on AUREA: https://www.aromanticism.org/en/news-feed/my-aroallo-journey