Why do you identify as gray?

El011

My fellow grays (sexual or romantic), why do you identify the way you do?

I'm gray-aro and a non-ace bisexual. I identify as gray aro because, so far, I have only experienced romantic attraction to two people that I'm aware of.

If you go back to the beginning of the adolescent stage, so around 10, that means I only get crushes about once every six years. I dated and had sex with a few people casually from 20-21 years old, which was fun, but before that I preferred to prioritize other things. I got in my first romantic relationship when I was almost 22.

I do like dating and doing romantically coded things. But I don't normally like the idea of being in a romantic relationship and am generally indifferent to romance on a personal level and when I was actually in a romantic relationship the romantic aspect of it stressed me out at times. I also have a hard time figuring out when I am feeling romantic attraction. I do like the idea of romance, though, and I feel like I have the potential to be in a romantic relationship and enjoy it.

What about other grays? Why do you identify as gray-ace? Why do you identify as gray-aro?