What I’ve seen

Guest Rose061920

Question

Guest Rose061920

All the posts I ever see about aromanticism and asexuality are all so positive. They all talk about how proud people are to be ace or aro. They all talk about how people don’t want to be allo. I might be the only one, but I’ve been searching and I cannot find any non-positive ones. It’s not that I don’t want to be positive about my identity and I know people need to see the positives to feel accepted, I like seeing them too!  But sometimes, I WANT to see people mad about being aro/ace. I want to see people complain about being different or not understanding what the majority of the population understands without thinking! I want to know that I’m not the only one that isn’t always perfectly happy with my identity. I want to see people discuss how they took time to accept their identity and still have imposter syndrome or don’t completely accept themselves. Am I the only one? (Sorry if that sounded mean, it was a little bit of an emotional rant) 

1 answer to this question

fair point

sometimes it is good to have a gripe. I have seen a few posts complaining but not a lot. some people commenting about coming out, a few complaints about societal expectation of getting married. and as for not accepting themselves, a lot of the 'am i aro' sort of posts involve people not accepting themselves. 

however in my case I dont mind this place being so positive so im not going to do much to push people to have those gripes. if you think it would be cool to see that sort of thing it might be worth making a few posts that push for it, like a 'what do you hate about being aro' or a 'least favourite aro experience' sort of thing.