Hello Friends!

Hi! I am new here and a lot of people seem to do the introduction thing so here I am ^^ I am also very new to the aro community so pls be patient with me ?

You can call me para or Marie either is fine I am 20, female and an IT student. I am from austria, english is my second language. I just recently startet identifying as aromantic and its been an interesting few weeks I guess. I've identified as bisexual for about 5 years of my life and I more or less thought I was done with the whole questioning my identity thing but obviously not.

I have a pretty hard time accepting that I will never have a beautiful love story but it's something I'll have to come to terms with. I've always liked romance and liked the idea of having smth like that myself but I never seemed to be able to have the required feelings for anyone. I never in my life had a crush and when I had the opportunity to have a relationship it just didn't seem appealing to me. So yeah I guess I always liked the idea of a relationship more than having one myself. 

I found this forum through tumblr and it seemed like a cool place with nice people and I hope that being here will help me accept this as part of my identity or at least make it easier for me?

Also just a quick question, what is this AVEN everybody is talking about? Not important just curious.

thnx for reading and have a nice day! ☺️

PS: this post is edited bc I was a dumb dumb and managed to post it before I wrote more than a sentence so yeah sry bout that

Edited by parallelepiped

Hello, Para, I'm also new here!

So cool that you're here to accept yourself and your identity, that's why I'm here too! I hope you'll find what you're looking for :)

AVEN is an acronym for Asexual Visibility and Education Network (www.asexuality.org). It's the world's largest online asexual community and it works kind of like arocalypse. Great place with lots of great people in all walks of life.

Have a nice day!

Edit: I like your username

Edited by supersigurd

Hey there!

I'm also new here (although I'm not that new to being aro) and since I'm from Germany, English is my seconde language, too.

Hope you have a great start in this forum and also a nice weekend! :D