Hi :)

melissace

Hello everyone!

I discovered today that this aro forum existed! I have been on AVEN for a bit of time, I enjoy it and since this website looks pretty much like it, I wanted to join and read interesting stuff here too :)

I am an 18 year old girl, and I identify as aroace; I am almost 100% sure that I am ace, and I’m still trying to figure out the aro part although I most likely am aromantic.? I’ve never felt romantic attraction, if I even understand what it is. One time, at 14, I thought I did; turns out it was more of a squish. I think what holds me back from using the label sometimes is that I don’t want to admit to myself that I’m both ace and aro, if I’m being honest. Because of the norms in our society, I very often find myself hoping that someday, I’ll realize I am not... Which I shouldn’t do.:) Obviously, we are all totally valid. But I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels a little (or totally) broken sometimes. It’s okay, I also always hope that someday, I’ll embrace this part of who I am. I’m still young and it’s only the beginning of my journey, right?

Anyway, have a good day and nice to meet you all! Glad I stumbled on this forum!

• Like 1