Recent forum changes

Momo

I'm creating this thread as a notification thread that people can follow for information on changes made to the forum. This thread will remain locked so that people can follow this and not get chatter. If you have questions about any of the announcements here then please start a new thread in Site Comments.

I have enabled the option for people to hide their own posts. Note that moderators can still see your posts even when hidden to prevent abuse - this isn't a delete option.

In an effort to streamline the profile a little, reduce confusion and generally make things better for everyone the follow changes to profile fields have been made:

1. The Romanticism profile field has been renamed to simply Orientation.
  2. The Sexuality field has been hidden from everyone but yourself so you can just copy and paste that information into the Orientation field if you wish. The Sexuality field will be removed completely in the coming weeks.
  3. Feel free to include as much or as little information as you feel relevant in the new Orientation field.

This change has been made to make things easier. New people felt the need to include both when sometimes they weren't relevant and others didn't have the fields they needed to fully express themselves. I think this change puts everyone in a better position.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You can now add your own images to posts. As of right now, the current limits are as follows:

• 300KB per post
  • 10MB per user

If you start running up against the per user limit, you can view where you have posted images previously and remove some of them from your previous posts by going to "My Attachments" in the drop down menu at the top right of the screen.

firefox_0Ab1o1YFx3.png.7b0f04bb1c1a268f2da9416c6223aa31.png

Embedding images has always been a bit funky but should still work as well as it used to:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As there is no way to back out of the automatic updating of text emoji like :) into emoji, this is now disabled. If you want a real emoji, there is a button in the editor window that will give you a full search experience to find the one you want or you can still use the shortcodes like : smiley : which show an inline search while you are typing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

• 3 weeks later...

Content posted by guests (people who have not yet registered an account) will now go through an approval queue before appearing on the site till further notice. Unfortunately we're having some issues with some people trying to work around the systems in place. This will remain in effect as long as we feel it's necessary. Sorry to the lurkers for the inconvenience!

• Like 1

Since the moderators are generally active now, it's been suggested that we should have a way to distinguish between Official Opinions and moderation actions and personal opinions. Going forward, official posts will be made in moderator green and regular posts will be in regular colour.

This is an example post that you should pay attention to.

This is my personal opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 6