Crush or Squish?

The one thing keeping me from fully identifying as aro is my feelings for this one person. I'm not sure if I have a crush, squish, or whatever on them and it's really annoying. I feel like if the feelings I have for them are a crush then I'm not aro as I would've definitely had crushes in the past but if not then I'm almost definitely aro. I guess I just want to be really close to this person but figuring out if I want to be in a romantic relationship is hard. I've looked at so many websites describing squishes and crushes and I really can't tell the difference. I don't think I want to be in a romantic relationship it just doesn't seem appealing to me. I've thought of the possibility of wanting to be in a QPR with them and that seems nice??? How do y'all describe a squish? I guess is what I'm trying to say.

From what I read on here, there are a lot of people who are in your situation and have one or two cases where they aren't sure if it is /was a crush or a squish. A distinguishing feature between crushes and squishes seem to be (I my sample size on this is one + a lot of speculation, so take it with a grain of salt) that with crushes people tend to get really jealous when the person they have a crush on chooses somebody else as their partner, even if this somebody else is a close friend. Another distinction can be that with crushes there is no conscious choice involved though that can be true for squishes too.

• 2 weeks later...