A confused "Hello!"

Honestly, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for me, because  I tend not to fit into simple categories, and that's made it very difficult to actually identify with any one group.

Basically, this is known:

• I'm a 50-year old touch-starved male (both by birth and gender preference) of Italian-American descent.

This is probable, but undiagnosed due to familial obligations:

• I have wrestled with mild anxiety and bipolar disorder my entire life, as well as some sensory sensitivities. 
  • And I strongly suspect I'm on the spectrum somewhere.

This is where it gets confusing:

• I'm pretty sure asexual.  I'm not so much averse to sexual intercourse, as apathetic about it.  It's just not something I look for.
  • I call myself quoiromantic, because I just can't understand what "romantic attraction" means.  I just can't wrap my brain around the concept.
  • On the other hand, as my name suggests, I rather enjoy affectionate physical contact, in particular hugs. 
  • And to make things even more difficult to categorize, I find the idea of bare skin-to-skin contact very appealing.
  • However, my preference is to receive said contact from people of my gender, which would make me "homosensual", I guess.
  • I also have certain aesthetic preferences regarding just what kind of male I want to hug and be hugged by, so that would be "homoaesthetic"?

It's all very difficult to explain, and gives me a headache....

10 hours ago, Ace Of Hugs said:

Honestly, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for me, because  I tend not to fit into simple categories, and that's made it very difficult to actually identify with any one group.

Basically, this is known:

• I'm a 50-year old touch-starved male (both by birth and gender preference) of Italian-American descent.

This is probable, but undiagnosed due to familial obligations:

• I have wrestled with mild anxiety and bipolar disorder my entire life, as well as some sensory sensitivities. 
  • And I strongly suspect I'm on the spectrum somewhere.

This is where it gets confusing:

• I'm pretty sure asexual.  I'm not so much averse to sexual intercourse, as apathetic about it.  It's just not something I look for.
  • I call myself quoiromantic, because I just can't understand what "romantic attraction" means.  I just can't wrap my brain around the concept.
  • On the other hand, as my name suggests, I rather enjoy affectionate physical contact, in particular hugs. 
  • And to make things even more difficult to categorize, I find the idea of bare skin-to-skin contact very appealing.
  • However, my preference is to receive said contact from people of my gender, which would make me "homosensual", I guess.
  • I also have certain aesthetic preferences regarding just what kind of male I want to hug and be hugged by, so that would be "homoaesthetic"?

It's all very difficult to explain, and gives me a headache....

Hello and welcome!It sounds like you could be considered sex indifferent asexual.As for the rest- attraction is rather complex , don't worry too much about it. Take things at your own pace.

7 hours ago, greyromantic kittay said:

Hello and welcome!It sounds like you could be considered sex indifferent asexual.As for the rest- attraction is rather complex , don't worry too much about it. Take things at your own pace.

I suppose?  I'm pretty introverted, so I've tended to only have 1-2 close friends at any one time.  And I've never felt the inclination to have sex with any of tem :)

(Hug them, yes, especially when I was younger.  But we covered that. ;) )

Archived