Aro awareness resources in spanish

So i started wondering a few weeks ago if i wether or not start an instagram account to talk about aromanticism and its sprectrum in spanish, i had this idea and i think it would help a lot of people because:

-Aro resources are REALLY hard to find, i think AVEN is the only organization that has talked about arospec identities in spanish (and not even in a very deep kind of way) 

-Everything i know about aromanticism i learned it because i know how to speak english

-I want to spread awareness about arospec identities, amatonormativity, aro issues, qprs, how can people know they are arospec, etc.

Can y'all give me any other topics i can talk about? any tips? thank you in advance!

(p.s.: the acc will most likely be called "arromanticismo" ((aromanticism in spanish)) if y'all ever want to check it out!)

Ooh, that's a good idea! I sadly don't actually speak Spanish (aside from a few words and old Rican anti-drugs campaign slogans phrases), but I'd really love to hear from more hispanic aros.

To start off super basic, I might suggest talking about the split attraction model, different arospec identities (grey-aro, lithromantic, cupioromantic, etc), as well as aro community terminology such as QPR, squishes, amatonormativity, etc. For more detailed topics, you could talk about the history and ongoing debate around terms such as nonpartnering/nonamorous/aplatonic, voidpunk, or aro media. Good luck! I hope it goes well!

6 minutes ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Ooh, that's a good idea! I sadly don't actually speak Spanish (aside from a few words and old Rican anti-drugs campaign slogans phrases), but I'd really love to hear from more hispanic aros.

To start off super basic, I might suggest talking about the split attraction model, different arospec identities (grey-aro, lithromantic, cupioromantic, etc), as well as aro community terminology such as QPR, squishes, amatonormativity, etc. For more detailed topics, you could talk about the history and ongoing debate around terms such as nonpartnering/nonamorous/aplatonic, voidpunk, or aro media. Good luck! I hope it goes well!

Thank you sm! i was thinking of starting with the "simple" things like types of attraction, the SAM, arospec rep, the flags and arospec identities and terminology, and then start talking about "deeper" topics like amatonormativity, voidpunk and relationship models. i appreciate your help a lot!!!

I'm not sure if you're also interested in more resources or blogs, but if you are also interested in more people to talk to about spanish language discussion of aromanticism, Mundo Heterogéneo is a bilingual english/spanish blogger who's been doing some writing about aromanticism for the carnival of aros. I know Chrysocollatown has also written a bit about aromantic visibility at their mostly-spanish-language blog - they'd also probably be a good person to check with if you are looking for additional resources since they do a fair amount of both research and activism. (I'm a lame english monoloingual, so I can only understand bits of those posts, but I enjoy both of their english writing).

But as far as topics, getting interviews/quotes from a bunch of different aro people to feature a variety of experiences could be one interesting type of content.

20 hours ago, sennkestra said:

I'm not sure if you're also interested in more resources or blogs, but if you are also interested in more people to talk to about spanish language discussion of aromanticism, Mundo Heterogéneo is a bilingual english/spanish blogger who's been doing some writing about aromanticism for the carnival of aros. I know Chrysocollatown has also written a bit about aromantic visibility at their mostly-spanish-language blog - they'd also probably be a good person to check with if you are looking for additional resources since they do a fair amount of both research and activism. (I'm a lame english monoloingual, so I can only understand bits of those posts, but I enjoy both of their english writing).

But as far as topics, getting interviews/quotes from a bunch of different aro people to feature a variety of experiences could be one interesting type of content.

thank you so much! I'll check out their blogs and see what happens :)

Archived