You have no idea how happy I am to find this website

AppleJu

Hi everyone! I managed to be brave enough to talk to you!

So for the presentation : I'm 18 years old, from France (my english might be terrible or very basic, sorry about that heheh) and I study Art History & Archeology, with hope that one day I'll be able to work in UK or in any North Europe country. I love movies, series, fantasy, BOOKS, CATS, writing and drawing my awkward characters. I'm a Hamilton trash and my sword goes to the Alliance.

About aromantism. I discovered what it means maybe 2 years ago. Less than 1 year ago, I began to seriously think about it as a thing for me ; at that time I had a boyfriend (the first one and last one for now) and I quickly realized that that situation made me ill-at-ease. I'm still at the wondering phase but the more I think about it, the more I relate to aromantism. It includes many different feelings : sometimes I'll think « I'm so glad to be aro, that is perfect I'm so happy with myself » aaaaand sometimes it will be more like « my whole life will be a disaster, does aromantism even exist omg » and so yeah.

The title says the truth : I've been looking for a community like this for MONTHS. When I'm really low for thinking about romantism, sexuality and stuff, all I wish is that I can talk to someone that feels the same. I came out to only one of my friends yet, he was very comprehensive but still, did not understand what « no romantic attraction and no need for it » meant.

I'd love to chat with you about anything, and I hope to befriend! Please feel free to come and talk, ask questions about anything, or just make puns (that I probably won't understand due to language barrier)! <3

Thanks for reading!

Welcome! Bienvenue! :aroicecream:

1 hour ago, AppleJu said:

I'm 18 years old, from France

I love movies, series, fantasy, BOOKS, CATS

I think you and @sarcastic kitten might get along :D

sometimes I'll think « I'm so glad to be aro, that is perfect I'm so happy with myself » aaaaand sometimes it will be more like « my whole life will be a disaster, does aromantism even exist omg » and so yeah

Yep, that is basically what it is like xD

Welcome! It's great to hear when someone finds the forum. I know that feeling, and it is the best feeling.

Don't worry about your English skills! Many of my fellow Americans (from USA specifically) are terrible at writing in English, but you clearly are not. 

It is tradition for us to offer ice cream emojis to new members. It's a reference to people who eat ice cream to feel better after breaking up. We, on the other hand, can eat it whenever we want!  

:aroicecream: I only wish it were real ice cream.

Also, your profile picture is awesome.

Thank you! Those emojis are the best idea :aroicecream::aropride:

3 hours ago, James said:

Also, your profile picture is awesome.

Smol Peridot is best Peridot.

14 hours ago, sarcastic kitten said:

Ooooooh une frenchie !! Et qui aime les chats et la fantasy en plus \o/! 

Comment dire que tu es la première aro française à qui j'aurai l'occasion de parler. Come at me sis <3

Archived