The Open-Concept Approach

After years of struggle in defining myself in terms of labels, I decided to reject any labels and just take life as it comes. Depending on what situation I find myself in, I'll do whatever I want to do as long as it's ethical and legal. So I consider myself as not having any gender identity, sexual orientation, or romantic orientation at all.

Does anyone else take the same open-concept approach to their future behaviour, or do people prefer to stick to how they define themselves in advance?

A bit of both? I don't use labels to define me, I use them to help me understand myself, so that I can make better choices about what to do when things come up. Whatever I want to do tends to fit certain patterns, which is where the labels come in, but there are things that don't fit the patterns too, or sometimes the patterns just don't make sense, or whatever.

I guess I've done this in regards to my gender. I've tried many labels but none of them really fit me, I'm not cis but I haven't really put a label on and I'm okay if I never find one that fits but if I do find one and I'm really comfortable with it, I'd use it I think!

Archived