How to explain to people what aromanticism is and what it means to be aromantic

Question

I have a question, I want a suggestion, I am going to do a visibility exhibition for the Aro week that we are celebrating and I need a little help, how can I explain well that I am aromantic and what aromanticism is, a 12-year-old child He is helping me with the campaign but he made a mistake in the definition, he confused aromatic with asexual but it is to do the project. How do I explain what aromatic is and what it means to be aromatic? 

1 answer to this question

I'd say it's as simple as "aromantic people don't fall in romantic love"? And additionally you could elaborate that some aros may be annoyed by romance in general and some may like it from side just not wanting it themselves, some may even want romance but still don't actually fall in love with anyone, etc. You could tell that some look for strong partnerships that aren't romantic, some don't. And if you want to explain arospec you could tell that there are people who are in between aromantic and alloromantic, and explain categories like demiromantic and lithromantic as a good example for the fuller picture. 

And if you want to tell about your experiences, you can try to describe them as an example - "for example I'm aro and feel this and this way".

You also probably should tell about amatonormativity and why people are often prejudiced against aros/ what parts of society can make things bad for aros. Since you're doing an awareness project, this part can be important.