Aronaut cookbook!

Philbo Wiseroot

I had this idea a few weeks ago and again more recently: an Arocalypse cookbook! The idea is simple: reply to this post with recipes that you like, ideally with the recipe in the post and not just the link. I'll then make a book with them all on after a while.

Rules

• You must post full recipes to this thread
  • Let me know what meal this is for
  • Post dietary requirements (allergens, whether is it vegetarian or vegan friendly, etc.)
  • If you post pictures, spoiler tag them.
  • Temperature scales must be indicated! Saying 220 degrees is useless!

Anything else is free-reign. Go for it!

Shepherd's pie (dinner; serves 4)

Ingredients

• 500g minced beef (or more to taste)
  • 1-2 medium-sized onions (chopped small)
  • Vegetables (I used broccoli and carrots)
  • 3-5 chopped potatoes (depending on the size; washed)
  • Small (70ml?) amount of milk and butter
  • 200ml gravy

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 180oC
  2. Cut the potatoes into small pieces (around 2.5cm across) and add them to a large saucepan. Do the same with the veg, but smaller. Peeling the potatoes is optional - I prefer not to. Cover these in boiling water and cook on high until the water boils.
  3. In a big frying pan or skillet, fry the chopped onions on a low-medium setting until translucent. If you cook them until they're brown, it doesn't matter.
  4. Add the beef to the pan and cook until brown.
  5. After the potatoes are soft (you can easier put a fork through them), drain the water and separate the veg.
  6. Put the potatoes back into the pan and add the milk and butter. Mash until soft and creamy.
  7. Layer the pie: Get a suitable roasting tin/oven-safe ceramic or glass tray with sides. Make 150ml of gravy according to the packet instructions.
  8. Add the meat and onions to the pot, then the veg. Add the gravy on top.
  9. Slowly add the potato, making sure to cover the whole pie. Push it into place with the back of a fork if you need to.
  10. Cook in the oven at 180oC for 20 minutes.

Note: To make this a vegetarian option, you can replace the meat with beans, etc. or use meat free meat. The pie in the pictures serves 2-3.

Archived