Don’t know how to tell parents I’m aroace

bluster kong

I might want to tell my parents I’m aroace sometime just for the sake of letting them know but I have no idea how. I’m not good at opening up to people and I don’t want some big conversation like “mother, father, I have gathered you here to inform you about myself.” I really don’t want to make a big deal out of it, I just want to be able to let them know and never have it brought up unless necessary. Not really sure if there’s any sort of advice that could be given but yeah.

2 hours ago, bluster kong said:

I might want to tell my parents I’m aroace sometime just for the sake of letting them know but I have no idea how. I’m not good at opening up to people and I don’t want some big conversation like “mother, father, I have gathered you here to inform you about myself.” I really don’t want to make a big deal out of it, I just want to be able to let them know and never have it brought up unless necessary. Not really sure if there’s any sort of advice that could be given but yeah.

I have advice! I came out to my mom by writing a note and then just leaving it where she would find it before I left for school. I got a text with her response while i was still at school and it wasn't anything huge, no big conversation or anything. It hasn't come up a ton since and it's been 7 months. I'd say try something like this? Whatever feels comfortable really.