What's the difference??

Guest page28

Guest page28

The feelings of a crush and a squish is the same, just the intention that changes?? Like you have the same feelings as a crush but you don't want to date them ?

I honestly have no idea.  I've wanted to date my "squishes" in the past, back when I mistook them for "crushes."  I think that's because I wanted (and still want) the same level of commitment that you see in romantic relationships applied to platonic ones. 

Nowadays, I'm not sure where I stand on dating.  In theory, I would love to have a modified form of dating for a platonic partner, and the fact that I want a platonic partner probably indicates that my feelings could be classified as a "squish" rather than a "crush."

So for me, they're not the same feeling, because I'm not sure that I'm capable of "crushing on" anyone at this point.  But perhaps someone who actively experiences both "squishes" and "crushes" would be able to articulate the difference more clearly!