Absgender

Rinpochard

I found the term I think fits me the most: Absgender.

Definition: a gender modality that refers to when one is between, beyond or removed from cisgender/transgender dichotomy, and alternatively meaning a gender that is neither cisgender nor transgender.

I don't see myself with a gender, but not as genderless either, so I thought this fits really well for me. I'm not cis, and I'm not trans. This was a great discovery, but at the same time I'm questioning my asexuality

4 hours ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

so is it non-binary?

or something else that I don't really understand.

Non-binary falls under the trans umbrella, because usually enby individuals identify as something else than cis. With absgender I personally feel that my gender consists of some parts of my AGAB but some other major factors that don't make me demigender. It's hard to explain how I feel but I'm just somewhere inbetween cis and trans

Absgender and isogender are good, they might be the closest modalities that fit me (I like "cistrans" too.) Sometimes I do lean more towards cis though, since I predominantly present as my AGAB and still have a strong connection to it. I'm glad that modalities other than cis and trans are starting to get more recognition because for a long time I felt confused about having to be one or the other. But IMO they aren't mutually exclusive :3

On 6/10/2023 at 1:09 PM, SwiftySpeedy said:

so is it non-binary?

or something else that I don't really understand.

Absgender is a gender modality, it's on the same "level" as cis or trans.

• Thanks 1