DMV Aro Meetup

Candide

If you’re from the DMV (DC/MD/VA) or would like to come to a trip to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, let me know in the replies! I’ve seen a few posts here about aro meetups and I thought it would be fun to have a little group of us go to a museum. Let me know if this is something you’d be interested in and I can get started with planning and putting flyers up outside. It would be in the summer to allow people time to plan. I have no aro friends so I thought, why not! :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Candide said:

If you’re from the DMV (DC/MD/VA) or would like to come to a trip to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, let me know in the replies! I’ve seen a few posts here about aro meetups and I thought it would be fun to have a little group of us go to a museum. Let me know if this is something you’d be interested in and I can get started with planning and putting flyers up outside. It would be in the summer to allow people time to plan. I have no aro friends so I thought, why not! :)

Darn! I wish I could attend, the issue is I'm underage and I'm in the NW corner of MD, so it may not be the most practical, 

Why do I have to be young! D:

4 minutes ago, Maryland said:

Darn! I wish I could attend, the issue is I'm underage and I'm in the NW corner of MD, so it may not be the most practical, 

Why do I have to be young! D:

Same!  I'm not even that far away (though I'm not a huge fan of museums, more cool new stuff and space) and the biggest issue is I'm underage and I'm just not 100% sure I could trust someone I just met either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HelloThere said:

Same!  I'm not even that far away (though I'm not a huge fan of museums, more cool new stuff and space) and the biggest issue is I'm underage and I'm just not 100% sure I could trust someone I just met either.

I get you! We wouldn’t allow anyone under 18+ to attend anyways, but if it makes anyone else feel more comfortable, it would be an organized event with a group of at least 6 people other than myself and my husband. We wouldn’t do it at all if there were less people for safety reasons (safety in numbers). It would be well planned and scheduled to account for safety as well. But it’s just an idea, since I would love to make some aro friends close by me since I know none :’) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...