Freezing when confessed to

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

There’s this thing I do when I’ve been confessed to or think about being confessed to. I freeze, and I really want to have a clear head enough to answer the way I want to. I’ve only been confessed to once or twice in my life, and the second time was pretty recent and from a friend. I get really jittery and nervous and it’s not from excitement, I just don’t know how to answer. 

This is really disturbing especially when I want to make it clear that I don’t want to be involved like that. Doing things like that make me uncomfortable and I’m already Ace so THAT is a no go. I’ve recently been trying to see if I had a crush on an old friend of mine (we don’t talk anymore) and I’m having the same problem.  I’m not comfortable thinking about friends or anyone like that (especially guys) but we were close. I know I thought I did at the time we did speak but I found out that I didn’t want to be romantic with him bc it makes me uncomfortable, I liked talking to him a lot, I looked up to him, wanted to be like him, he was kinda funny, and he listened when I was having trouble, told me often that he appreciated my company. I ofc liked hanging with him but it makes my stomach turn thinking about dating, it feels like I’m looking at someone else even though it’s supposed to be me whenever I try to picture it. 

I can relate, recently about 1-2 months ago some girl in my class was trying to get my phone number and I sorta just… broke down trying to comprehend why this random stranger was asking for my number. Once I realized I tried to tell her no over and over and it took a while before she stopped but I was such a nervous wreck that I just didn’t know how to react.