I hate when people have crushes on me

Guest Cryptic

Guest Cryptic

One of my close friends likes me, but I rejected them, and now I feel horrible, they're ignoring me, and it's all awkward now! This person is such a fantastic friend, and I hate for our friendship to be ruined over something dumb like this just because my other friend decided to try and play Cupid. 🙁 Does anyone have any similar experiences?

That is definitely an awkward situation. They may just need some time to get over the feelings of awkwardness and embarrassment. I know when I rejected a friend I felt incredibly awkward about it for a couple weeks. Hopefully that's all it is.

thats really yikes. i dont understand why friends ignore others right after a rejection as tho it meant everything to em even if it costs their friendship. well; i had friends confess to me before but we still ended up being friends bc they all know im aro; they just felt like telling me this while knowing ill certainly reject anyway. my experiences probably wont be useful or enlightening; maybe im too lucky that my friends are actually reasonable folks lol

Before I knew I was aro, one of my friends told me he liked me and I knew I didn't like him back, and I didn't have to balls to reject him, so I dated him anyway. Nevertheless, I was severely uncomfortable with being in a relationship with him.