Confused

Guest Heather

Guest Heather

Hi, 

I have never done this before so I apologise if I don’t express myself well but I’m very confused about how I feel and it’s making me feel down all the time. I’m hoping that you could be kind enough to help me understand what I’m feeling. So here it goes. 
I keep trying to be in romantic relationships because everyone in my life makes me feel like there’s something wrong with me even when I have said that I’m not sure that’s what I want. I have people in my life that I love. I meet people and can be attracted to them in a sexual way or like them as a person but can’t seem to feel the way my friends do, in the sense that I don’t feel anything romantic towards anyone. Is it okay that I feel this way, and if so how do you deal with other people constantly making you feel like there’s something wrong with you or that you just “haven’t found the right person yet?”. I feel frustrated because I have been with some really wonderful women but I could never feel romantically attracted to them and I don’t know what that means and if it’s okay. 
If you could be kind enough to give me some insight and advice I would really appreciate it. 
I hope you are all doing well! 
Thank you in advance.

Yes, it's okay to feel however you feel.

I personally try not to give people room in my life when they have shown themselves dangerous to me (including mentally/emotionally) or otherwise disrespectful of me. Arguing with me about my feelings is disrespectful no matter how you go about it.

For one-off comments, I go with a short passively dismissive response and then change the subject. "Okay then." "Whatever you say." "How interesting." "Thanks I guess."

• Like 1