Why can't I seem to do this? (SFW Age regression, possible tw(?))

CatNap

So, many times I've tried age regressing. Most times it was unsuccessful. I've done as much as I could. I've watched kids shows, cuddled with stuffed animals, colored, and a few other things, and not much has resulted. 

I felt like a kid a few times, though not often.

I was close to slipping into little space a few times, even though it wasn't often. One time, it wasn't my fault. The teacher was playing a video for very little kids, as a part of our animation class, and I almost slipped into little space, but prevented it. That time scared me a lot. Another time was when (in the same class) we had to color a picture, I almost slipped into little space. Another times I was thinking of the song "Hot dog" from Mickey Mouse clubhouse, and almost slipped. And one other time, I simply had a tantrum, and either almost slipped or I did slip, but I don't remember.

I don't age regress in situations where I need to. Like if I'm having an anxiety attack, or just anxious, or having a depressive episode, or having a flashback/remembering a traumatic experience. And yet... nothing. I just unfortunately, and unhappily suffer through those tough times. And I know I need to do it. I really do. but it seems to fail me.

As embarrassed as I am to admit this, I do find myself wanting a pacifier, and sippy cups, and a whole bunch of younger kids stuff. :hides face: And I know I can talk like a kid too. Anyone can. So I have wondered if I'm an age dreamer.

Most times, when I want that stuff, and talk like a little child, and try to slip, I still find myself thinking like an adult/someone my age.

I've cried because I can't seem to do it. I've cried because it feels like I have no coping mechanism, and I really do want one.

What's wrong with me? Why can't I seem to do it, even in situations where it's likely to happen? Is there something wrong with me? Do I even have a coping mechanism?

• Like 1

Hey, as an (sfw)Age regressor.. you are perfectly valid! Your experience does sound like Age dreaming, but that is also a perfectly legitimate coping mechanism!! Not everyone can regress, and that's okay <:] It doesn't make you any less valid!! I'd recommend looking into age dreaming and seeing if you resonate with it, and if so-- try that out! Just because you can't seem to regress, doesn't mean your coping mechanism isn't valid, it doesn't mean your trauma isn't valid, and it doesn't mean you aren't valid. You've got this!!
(Also I will say, you don't need to be embarrassed about wanting little kid stuff!! You had bad experiences in the past, and needing/wanting that stuff to help with those bad experiences is perfectly okay!!)

Edited by PumpkinsLinked