Pageboy: A Memoir

hemogoblin

Elliot Page (he/they) is publishing a memoir called Pageboy: A Memoir coming out in June!

Pageboy

(Cover of Pageboy featuring a photo of Elliot Page in a white tank and jeans while sitting down in front of a red background)

Writing a book has come up a few times over the years, but it never felt right and quite frankly, it didn’t feel possible. I could barely sit still, let alone focus long enough to complete such a task. At last, I can be with myself, in this body. So, I’ve written a book about my story. It's out next June, and I'm so excited to share its cover with you now. At many points in my life, it felt unbearable to be in front of a camera, but making this cover with acclaimed photographer Catherine Opie (@csopie) was a joyful experience that I will never forget.

Trans people are facing increasing attacks, from physical violence to the banning of healthcare, and our humanity is regularly "debated" in the media. The act of writing, reading, and sharing the multitude of our experiences is an important step in standing up to those who wish to silence and harm us. Books have helped me, saved me even, so I hope this can help someone feel less alone, feel seen, no matter who they are or what path they are on.

Pageboy is on shelves on June 6. Pre-order at the link in my bio, ElliotPageBook.com

Anybody else excited to read it?

(Of course, I still have Redefining Realness on my shelf to read, too. Dx )

• Like 1