Don't Know If I'm Aro

Tallow

So I've been out as ace for about 4 months now, and I've recently began wondering if I'm on the aro-spec too. I do have my doubts though, considering I've been in two short relationships back to back, with at least some romantic attraction in those. I'm confused as to if it was all romantic attraction or if it was mostly sensual/aesthetic or whatever, but no matter. Here's what I know: 

- I've had to fake having crushes to fit in.
- I didn't have a crush or like anyone until 8th grade (when the two back to back relationships were) and I haven't liked anyone since.
- I thought I was omnisexual/romantic because I felt the same about everyone, which was nothing.
- Never been in love/experienced intense romantic attraction.
- Cannot imagine myself in a romantic marriage, can with a platonic one.
- I get romance repulsed sometimes.
- Kissing is gross, in a romantic sense or not.
- Some aro-spec labels feel right, but I feel bad fully committing to anything considering I change my mind about my romantic orientation every day. 

A note: I am still pretty young, so I might just not have enough experience with this yet. I am also autistic, which might be messing with some things. 

If you have anything that could help, please let me know!

Edited by Tallow

10 minutes ago, Tallow said:

So I've been out as ace for about 4 months now, and I've recently began wondering if I'm on the aro-spec too. I do have my doubts though, considering I've been in two short relationships back to back, with at least some romantic attraction in those. I'm confused as to if it was all romantic attraction or if it was mostly sensual/aesthetic or whatever, but no matter. Here's what I know: 

- I've had to fake having crushes to fit in.
- I didn't have a crush or like anyone until 8th grade (when the two back to back relationships were) and I haven't liked anyone since.
- I thought I was omnisexual/romantic because I felt the same about everyone, which was nothing.
- Never been in love/experienced intense romantic attraction.
- Cannot imagine myself in a romantic marriage, can with a platonic one.
- I get romance repulsed sometimes.
- Kissing is gross, in a romantic sense or not.
- Some aro-spec labels feel right, but I feel bad fully committing to anything considering I change my mind about my romantic orientation every day. 

A note: I am still pretty young, so I might just not have enough experience with this yet. I am also autistic, which might be messing with some things. 

If you have anything that could help, please let me know!

Don't feel any pressure to label yourself. You can just go by aro or aro-spec if that feels right, it's all of rather little consequence. But to break down some things, aromantic people can still feel romantic attraction. Aro is little to no romantic attraction, so someone can be full on aro and still feel some sexual attraction. There are so many terms (I'm pretty sure there's a list somewhere in the welcome page), and if one of them ends out feeling right, that's great. But if not, there's really no pressure to find a label. Although, if you're looking for something to look into, there is aro-spike, aroflux, and abroromantic. All of these are terms to describe a fluid feeling of romantic attraction. Just something to look into, not a definitive thing. Hope it helps :)

3 minutes ago, Fanz_0__Fire said:

Don't feel any pressure to label yourself. You can just go by aro or aro-spec if that feels right, it's all of rather little consequence. But to break down some things, aromantic people can still feel romantic attraction. Aro is little to no romantic attraction, so someone can be full on aro and still feel some sexual attraction. There are so many terms (I'm pretty sure there's a list somewhere in the welcome page), and if one of them ends out feeling right, that's great. But if not, there's really no pressure to find a label. Although, if you're looking for something to look into, there is aro-spike, aroflux, and abroromantic. All of these are terms to describe a fluid feeling of romantic attraction. Just something to look into, not a definitive thing. Hope it helps :)

Thank you! I'll look into those labels, but in the meantime, ill just call myself aro-spec. I do hope I'll be able to find a label that fits better though, as labels give me a huge sense of euphoria and validity. Thanks again! ^^ 

• Like 1